Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Things...

Being that my mother's name is Joy and she stands at 6 feet,
running with her stride will always be my joy.


So I had a thought, idea, brain-thing. It probably came from something I read or saw, just like everything else, but here it goes- I'm making lists each day of 5 things that make me happy. These can be simple or complex. Just reminders of why I am alive and things that make me see Jesus a little more in each thing He does for me.

Today is just beginning, but I already have some.
1. The moon this morning at 5:50 am (before the clouds rolled in to cover it).

2. The feeling after a run (my sweaty and tired body makes me feel accomplished).

3. Driving to work with Mom (including the turbin towel that I had on my head).

4. Hot, hot coffee (so hot that the top wouldn't stay suctioned to the mug- my kind of bliss-- however, not Mikey's- he's still recovering from our first coffee talk).

5. The sun just peaked out and I am on my way to another adjustment to make my neck feel better.
At last the day is winding down, and all I can think of is sleep and how yucky I feel after eating a not so great dinner of yet another turkey and ham sandwich, some rice flour mustard chip things (b/c the family has become gluten free from Victoria's allergies), and a cup of coffee at 6 pm...that now has me wired. Oh, and I also ate 4 mini gluten free cookies that are actually really delicious, but now...I'm restless, tired, and need a back rub. Mikey dx me just a second ago by calling himself that.
Call this day...Debbie Downer's Day. I'm glad now that I wrote my happy things at the beginning, but to end the day's post on a good note
...here are five more happy thoughts:
1. I am back in FW and got mail while I was away for a week. (imagine that)
2. Tomorrow I have a pretty free schedule- this means a run and bike ride, if the weather permits...if not, a run and weights. Exercising gives endorphines...and endorphines make you happy.
3. Tomorrow night is Bible study and I can't wait to see what Pastor talks on.
4. Only 7 more days (or so) until one of my greatest friends comes back to FW.
5. I am job-hunting tomorrow.