Monday, July 30, 2007

Some days ya gotta dance

and give it up when you get the chance. ...I know, I know. Corny Dixie Chicks, but this is what I want to say to the little things that pester me each day. As I sit here and type, enjoying a coffee at home, with my wonderful sister, two dogs, and rested from a two hour nap. Aahh. The bliss of summer will only last so long, and I am trying to enjoy it while I can.

There's only so much that I can put up with in one day: boss' that don't keep their words, mosquitoes that suck my sweet blood, and being woken up when first falling asleep by the cell phone being on level 7. I'm rested now, so these things that once bothered me today are HISTORY. According to my mom, "I've put them in a bubble and blown them away." :) Quoted from the beloved, Dharma and Greg.

I've thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my family the past couple of days. It's great when you are away for a while and come home to a laid back and relaxed atmosphere with people to talk to and trust me. :) It's also been great to go out shopping for Sarah's dorm room. It's a flashback to just three years ago. The bright colored towels, storage 'equipment', and the nervous/anxious mood of a new atmosphere. Sarah was so sweet today..."I'm ready to move in tomorrow. I have all of these things. I just want to unload them and get organized." This was quoted while driving in the car today, in between the Nacho and Pink Panther quotes, that she and Mom were quoting. (Mom= trying).

It's been a good day. Only other place on earth that I'd rather be, would be on a lake or at the beach, watching the sun set and listening to the summer night crickets and frogs outside.

Enjoy the summer days.

No comments: