Monday, January 21, 2008

planted and growing...

Tomorrow I am beginning my junior master gardening training with Mr. Jim. I can't wait to learn, learn, learn about plants, herbs, veggies, and how to make them grow beautifully and offer nutrients to the people were serve them to. I am so blessed to be able to share this time and memory with the girls in the program and one day....the people of the community.

I am reminded of a verse in Psalms:

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Ps. 1:3

After meditating and reading this verse several times, it makes me (once again) amazed at how glorious our Father is. David writes about God...our tree. Other times, He's said to be our Rock, which is great. Don't get me wrong. Rocks are strong, but oh, trees, how great living trees are! (I have a friend who could tell me even more about them...more than I will ever be able to remember, but I am learning to appreciate their (trees) greatness and life. A living tree bearing leaves and fruit, flowers, or nuts...nothing can be more beautiful. God, in every season, stands firm, deeply rooted, and He wants us to be the same, in Him. When we are planted securely, when we water ourselves (daily living for God, reading His Word, talking to His people, hearing/walking in His calling)- we are guaranteed to bear fruit. Beautiful, delicious fruit that satisfies the people consuming it. I know that this illustration is sometimes hard to grasp. Some people don't like gardening, nature, or things from the earth- but, oh how pray the Holy Spirit changes their hearts; they are missing out.

I pray today that your life will be so blessed- even more than you know how to understand. If you want a quick blessing, go outside and stand under a tall, strong tree and know that if it is living, soon it will bear leaves and fruit to show how God's seasons continue regardless of what we do...

"Whatever he does prospers."- and always will.

No comments: