Friday, January 18, 2008

that stingy word: wait.

sometimes, i think my mind is playing games on me. i've got to get that taken care of...meaning the best medicine, the Word.

tonight i pray for my heart, and anyone else's that may be contemplating answers to things that he/she wants or desires. let us not be downtrodden by the thoughts that we feel or the things we think we want in life and are not obtaining. maybe they aren't the things God wants or maybe He wants to see how long we can wait before He says yes or even better, gives us something better.

there are things currently that i want in life- to know my future directions, where i am going to live, where i am going to work, when will i have to take that one exam that makes or breaks my career (i am really not scared, promise). but deeply, the very thing that i have been thinking about the most, He says wait. that's all. "wait." never have i been more sure about this answer, than tonight when i was driving home from livie and james'. wait. it still stings me.

because of my past impatience and ignorance, i know better than anyone else, for me- wait means just that.

may He bless your desires as i pray he blesses mine as well. for whenever we ask, He hears. whenever we voice what we want (or maybe cry out that we don't know what we want), that prayer is heard. promise. what are you praying for?

No comments: