Wednesday, January 30, 2008

sickness and digging deep

well, besides being sick for a week and not being able to run (I start coughing up a lung each time), all is good. I am feeling better today. It is sunny and beautiful, but very very windy outside.

I am learning about propogating and container gardening today at JMG training.

Yesterday we made these precious bird baths (pics to come soon). It wasn't until later in the afternoon that something I said early in the morning to one of my friends, I can apply to my spiritual life and God. I wrote "come and drink" inside my fountain, and one of my friends, Lindsey, was trying so hard to write "08" in hers, but was really struggling.

Linds: "Hannah, how did you make your letters so clear?"
My response: "Go deeper." (meaning for her to dig deeper into the concrete)

My connection:

It's this simple. If I am not seeing results with what I am doing in my prayer life (and we can take this further...to every day living), I must dig deeper. Deeper into scripture. Deeper into relationships. Deeper into the difficult situation. Linds, couldn't see "08" from her point of view, but when she stuck the stick deeper into the concrete, the numbers developed much more clearly. To see true results, we must be deeper than we are right now. Where is it that you aren't seeing results?



I'm off to do more JMG...which I am falling in love with. More to come later...especially pictures. Adios.

No comments: