Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Because sometimes we have that miracle called grace

Short story:

I read bits & pieces of my Mimi's Still Higher For His Highest each time that I go to her house. I came across a journal entry of mine from November 23rd (two years ago); note all of this is from Oswald Chambers, not myself.

There is nothing Higher than Jesus Christ.
"If there is a breath of confidence anywhere else, there will be disaster, and it is by the mercy of God that you are allowed to stumble, or to be pain-smitten, until you learn that He does it all- He keeps you from stumbling, He raises you up and keeps you up, He sends from above and delivers you."

Whenever there is a complication in your cirumstances, do NOTHING until you see the Highest- not sometimes, but ALL the time.

I looked and looked for this online to post it, but only My Utmost is online, but it's great too. Just not what I was looking for. I know for everyone, there are complications in life, but how many times do we really stop everything and type in "help me" to the Creator of the Universe? and not the nearest computer or furthermore, person (sometimes dealing with completely different issues)?

A captivating thought for today: Take captive of every thought today, and give it to the Creator of the Universe. If that thought is negative, I pray that He change the situation and/or the thinker's heart to solve the situation. If the thought is positive, than praise be to Him who gave you the thought in the first place. All that is good comes from Him who is good. Be blessed today that you were given another day to do something for the Savior.

No comments: