Friday, August 3, 2007

Breathe

Why is it that I love to exercise, but it is so hard for me to get out there in the am's? This summer especially. I could blame it on the humidity, rain in June, babysitting, work, camp, school, WOW there are a lot of things to blame...but when it comes down to it and I get out there with my mind on God's creation and the little things...like jumping through the sprinklers when I get hot that make me want to stay outside and run, walk, skip, leap forever. It was a good morning needless to say and after a good 45 minute one, that refreshing shower felt worth it.

Changing gears... I found a couple of great sites this am when I was 'blogging.' If you are reading this and are an artist, writer, creative master, lover of design, or want to be any of these in the future and want a little project check out liberty post's The People's Princess Memorial. Princess Di died 10 years ago on August 31, and liberty post will post all of the things submitted by bloggers from now until then on that day.

Other things...
I think, in Texas, it is finally summer. All of these teasing temperatures outside fooled me. Today the high is 96 with it feeling like the low 100s. Great. Just in time to walk/ride to school in 17 days. Why oh why must it feel this way?!

Now on to my 5 Happy Things...
1. I get to hang out with some of the coolest friends today...Sarah, Tori, and Austin. We'll probably quote Nacho and Pink Panther quotes all day, and watch another movie and quote that one too. Grand times.

2. I think that Sarah and I and two of our friends are going to the lake next weekend to go sailing. I've never been, but I keep thinking about Bob (What About Bob?) on the sailboat saying, "Look Dr. I'm sailing." (as he is tied to the boat)

3. My roomie changed her major to Advanced Nursing and will graduate next August instead of next December. Woo hoo for her.

4. The quote from The Wedding Planner: "What if what you think is great, is great, but it's not as great as something greater."

5. The flowers that I saw growing from a bush this am, made me smile and breathe. Maybe I'll go take a pic of them.

No comments: