Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Blazing Saddles! (hey we live in TX, right?)

Drink some of this today,
all of the heat will go away
NO it isn't alcohol...
It's PINK lemonade!
This post comes at the beginning of what is expected to be...a blazing day. High 100. Humidity = too hot to handle. Stay in doors and drink some lemonade friends, because Texas heat is here and we are all going to feel it. Laugh if you get cranky, and take a nap if you can't laugh. :) (That's just my advice.)








Earlier this year, we had a snow-covered ground & sweet man named Roger who lived by us.


Several (5+3) Happy Things Today:
1. We received a street notification that it is getting repaved. (again.) For those unaware, we received one of these notifications back in May during finals (also the reason my car flooded), and it is now August and we are still roadless. For runners, this is misery. For livers (haha that's a funny word), it is difficult to see with all the dust flying everywhere, and for others, it is also a clean-car-person NIGHTMARE. Rach, dear, I am sorry. Your blueberry in the driveway kind of looks like a sugar-dusted fruit these days. Just imagine it as a blueberry cake donut. haha. Not long (hopefully), until that pearl shines again. :)

2. Today, one of my greatest friends on earth is coming home. I can't wait to laugh with him again.

3. Thursday night is the Refuge party at The Palm's. {AKA Carl, Shanda, and Will's house.} We are having BBQ (not the girl fave, but mostly a f-ball thing among the boyz), and soaking the fellowship up with lemonade and sweet tea.

4. Friday is lake day. Hopefully. Considering the high prediction that day is 102. What's good about 102? Well it ends in a 2; my fave #, and 100 was once the high grade that smarty pants' received in HS.

5. School starts in...13 days. Ouch & Yea. All at the same time. Senior year. Another one, yet I bet this one is a little harder than the last....and hopefully more rewarding. (I'll have a degree this time!)

6. Yesterday was a happy day for me...more details to come. GOD is soooo good. (In the sound of Kelly Droke's voice.)
7. I got mail yesterday. A precious card from a friend that was handmade. I love handmade things. Especially when they are surprises, too. Oh, how sweet it is to receive mail. I think I need to go write my Mimi now. :)

8. Because I have to end on an even number...I got a new CD yesterday from Wally World. Dreamstorm. All of you fans that enjoy listening to rain. I highly suggest it. Anyone who doesn't, don't make fun. Someday you'll enjoy nature at its finest. :)

No comments: