Sunday, August 5, 2007

Thinking today...

Many words/phrases came up in service this am that are worth repeating on my blog. One of which was "Teach a man to fish, and he'll never go hungry." As I plan for theupcoming semester, I pray that I can keep this in mind when speaking to my friends and other fellow students, nurses, dr's, etc at the hospital and around campus. I pray that this semester would be filled with all kinds of miracles and stories. This statement stuck with me for several reasons: a) I just recenting learned how to fish (and it's incredible), b) many men in our world have forgotten what it means to teach a man to fish (it's straight discipleship and loving on them), c) the verse, "Man cannot live on bread alone, but on the Word of God."(it's so important that we teach the Word and not the everyday blah blah blah that is heard on the radio, TV, and now...grr the Internet.

I read Thoreau's, "Life Without Principle" this weekend and it is definitely worth sharing with you who may (I say this because I have no idea who reads this) read this. READ IT ALL. The language can be difficult, but sift through it, I assure you it will make you come away with something to tell others about or question your own self.

"It is so hard to forget what it is worse than useless to remember! If I am to be a thoroughfare, I prefer that it be of the mountain brooks, the Parnassian (13) streams, and not the town sewers." {Paragraph #13}

Captivating, isnt it? To be reminded that heaven is so close to each of our hearts and we continue crowding it with junk.

5 Happy Thoughts:
1. The pasta salad that Mom and I made for lunch was delicioso.

2. I found out of 2 mission trips coming up in my near future that I can't wait to be a part of.

3. My run at 5:50 am was exhilerating, hot, and really really sweaty. (but it happened!)

4. The Fray CD is one of my new faves.

5. This week will be a great one! Full of fun, people I love, and well...it's still summer, so I cant wait. :) Happy Sunday.

No comments: