Sunday, August 12, 2007

That old mug

Yesterday, Sarah, Mom and I went to a couple of antique stores looking for Sar Bear an old chair to recover for her dorm room. I was kind of not looking forward to walking around the stores. The smells are gross sometimes, but I began to enjoy it when I thought about the stories behind each of the items on the shelves. I know. I know. I am a dork, but it's true. If you were in an antique store, in one of those booths, or tables, or shelves, what would you be & what stories would you have?

I would be an old coffee mug. Maybe I say this because that is something that I was looking for yesterday, maybe because (as a coffee-lover myself) I know that a cup of coffee is often times the thing that brings people together or gets your day started off right...or let's you slow down at a rushing point in your day. Whether black, taken with cream and sugar, or just a pkt of Splenda + sprinkle of cinnamon (like me)...an old coffee mug would be a timeless piece. I would be that one that is a little chipped because I would have been enjoyed each morning. But the chips and hairline cracks would show how valuable I am.

That's me.

5+1 Happy Things about Today:
1. Shanda had WILL yesterday!

2. Church was amazing and I got to enjoy lunch with Sarah, JP, Mom, and Dad.

3. My unintentional nap on Mom's bed. Amazing!

4. My afternoon spent drawing and talking at Starbuck's with Josh.

5. People that pick off tomatoes off their salads....and onions. yuck.

6. Knowing that you are right where God wants you to be.

No comments: