Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's funny how things change day to day. Some days are happy. Some are okay. Some are exciting. Some are just dreams. I had one of those yesterday. One of those days where a lot happens, but you're not sure where living your life and just going through life separated. I just don't know. It sounds depressing but it wasn't. Parts I don't want to relive...like waiting in line at the dr's office just to get a TB skin test- which bled (never having happened before). I got two new nurses to practice on me. Now I know what it must be like for nurses to go into rooms and prep them for the MD or PA. I think these nursing students were more nervous than me and I was one getting pumped full of air. haha. Anyway, I think things will be fine.

My run was purposeful today. So many things on my mind from yesterday were beaten out on the hot pavement. It really is cool how the beat of the street and how your heart works, that you can get things out of your head without even having to write them down. However, me (being aware of my surroundings), am annoyed at the obvious turn-arounds that people---let's say "MEN" make when I go for runs sometimes. I saw one black f150 stop on the side of the road today, acting like he was doing something on his phone, but the instant I turned back around he was gone. It flashed through my head that these days phones have cameras and video on them and I freaked myself out and picked up my pace the rest of the way home. Lord, forgive them if they have the wrong intentions, and protect me from those creepos. Let them see Jesus in me and nothing else. Amen.

And so now, I am estinky and need a shower and need to take the Food Handler's Certification Online, yet I have yet to have the desire. Maybe it will come to me soon.

And so I guess since I didn't write a post yesterday, I make up with 10 Happy Things Today:
1. The fact that Sarah leaves for school in less than two weeks is sad, but I am so happy for her.

2. My senior year begins in exactly one week from yesterday.

3. Godly examples to keep me accountable.

4. Evening walks to relax and learn tree names.

5. A clean kitchen and clean clothes before the week gets too crazy.

6. Once again, my rain CD. I fell asleep to it again last night, and the thunder didn't wake me up this time.

7. My mom.

8. The chance to laugh at things that should make me angry. LIke the lady that stole my spot in line at the gas station yesterday and realized to herself that she pulled in the wrong direction.

9. Forgiveness.

10. God's unconditional love for me even though I always fall down...he's there to help me take baby steps again.

No comments: