Friday, August 24, 2007

crazy tired...but extremely excited

Tonight I had to send Sarah off. She, Mom, Dad, and her Josh are driving 400 something miles to go to Evangel tomorrow. I am going to miss her so so so so much. But I am so happy for her and who she is going to become when she is there.

About some other things:
First day at HMFW. Crazy day, but I am already learning a lot. I am excited to be working with so many educated people, but it gets a little intimidating when I am doing things that I have no clue about. Grr. Don't like those times. However, there is never a dull moment at HMFW. Always something happening on some floor or other. Code Blue, grumpy people who don't like their food, nurses that get annoyed with RDs and DTRs and crazy weird people that just look at me like I should be in middle school and not in the hospital. I don't care though. As I am reminded, God has me placed in this very hospital with these very people for a reason. I'll admit I cried last night like a little girl, because I was so nervous about today. I literally felt like a kindergartner going to school for the first time...time AWAY from Mommy. However, I survived, managed to park in the correct parking garage, met tons of people, got an official badge, and got to wear my lab coat that makes me look like a physician. :)

Now on to 5 Happy Thoughts for the Day:
1. I get to eat breakfast with my favorite boy in the am. Special friends forever.

2. My family, the Teubers, and McLaurins shared a wonderful send off dinner tonight. It was delicious, and we laughed and shared so many "Sarah memories" together.

3. Dad caught the Jeep's brake problems BEFORE going out tomorrow for MO.

4. The way dietitians eat cracks me up! Come on ladies, get real. I know after you ate those 5 bites for lunch, you went home and had a glass of wine and brownie after dinner. Why are you trying to "look" skinny and healthy at the lunch table? Really, come on. I'm about to me a real one, and I don't eat like that.

5. Joking with Steph and Kacie yesterday about "maintaining a thermal layer" regarding why Steph ate part of a cinnamon roll at breakfast. :) Love you girls. You are hilarious.

No comments: