Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Trying to brave the heart ache

WoW! Sarah is growing up SOOOO fast. We spent a little while together this am, so I thought I'd post the pic. I am happy that she is going to school, but upset that I won't see her every week.

Guess we gotta get growed up sometime. :)
WoW! Barista-ing is a blast. I think I made probably 30+ drinks today...and for people...not myself. I, myself, tried a nf white choc mocha. It was delicious. But for real drinks, I drank half of an sf vanilla americano & had to put it down due to the amount of espresso that I was drinking vs the amount (none) of food in my stomach. I think it's the acidity that triggers my tummy aches.


So, school is only 4 days away, and I have yet to buy my books and car tag. I am contemplating whether to buy a sticker or not for my car. I really want to get into the habit of walking and/or riding to class (rain or shine) this semester and save my driving for long distances. I really want to take the bus to the hospital too. I think it will be an interesting experience.


5 Happy Things About Today:

1. I am now a barista making many frappucinos, iced teas, and the happy heater of broccoli & cheese, artichoke, and Italian strattas.


2. I now am serving people in a public place more than I ever have before...and I love it!


3. My dad is my hero. (once again he came to my rescue)


4. My mom wore a cowboy shirt today with a pair of boots on it and her giant turquoise jewelry. She was precious!


5. I was reminded, once again, that I must take up my cross DAILY to follow him. There is no way for us to live holy lives w/o being connecting with Him...and this ONLY happens at Calvary.

No comments: