Sunday, August 19, 2007

learning before the learning begins

Sunday school was fabulous this am. PD talked about what it means to evangelize in this day and age. The typical idea is to build relationships with people, bring them to an event or take them out to eat and get to know them before ever talking to them about religious ideas or thoughts...or even scripture, however, in Romans, when Philip is walking down the road (because he was being obedient to God) he met the eunich and led him to God right then and there. He also baptized the man...and the man went off glorifying and praising God (meanwhile Philip disappeared). What is in all of this? There are opportunities around us all the time to reach people. When was the last time that we listened to the Holy Spirit and obeyed? When was the last time that we paused to talk to someone we weren't familiar with, but felt led to? I'm not sure how you feel about all of these things, but I know that I need to work harder at relational appointments. I need to listen more closely to what the Lord is calling me to do. We are living vessels that the Lord has chosen to use. Chosen- He doesn't have to- but He CHOSE us to witness to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth. This meaning Fort Worth, Texas as well.

I can't wait for tomorrow to begin. The newness is going to be change, but I believe that the refreshing feeling of senior year, and all that life can offer me in this last leg of the race can really change my life and heart. My prayer for this year is that I be made even more Christ-like. I resemble the Lord in Spirit and truth. I pray that those I encounter would be blessed not by my human hands (that so often make mistakes) but would be blessed by the God of the Universe. Lord, work your ways in me because I so long to live & love the way that your Son did. Amen.

5 Happy Thoughts for Today:
1. My run was very worthwhile & stress-relieving.

2. I get to teach two wonderful girls tonight at Friends.

3. God's artistic abilities NEVER fail to amaze me. The way the flowers grow, the bees that pollenate them, and the people who gaze upon them...ahhhh.

4. The roomie dinner tonight.

5. I begin my senior year at TCU tomorrow.

No comments: